European & International Affairs
Since 2004, GRUR´s Unit for European and International Affairs managed by Sandra von Lingen is developing the international profile of the Association.
The units objective is to intensify existing relations with the competent European and international authorities and institutions, especially the European Commission and the European Parliament, the European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), the European Patent Office (EPO) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in order to present the Association´s positions and provide impetus and visions for new developments in the field of IP.
For this purpose, GRUR has created new structures by appointing GRUR@WIPO delegates and implementing a GRUR-EUIPO Link Committee and regularly takes part in hearings, working groups, standing committees and other meetings of the relevant bodies. In addition, the Association has established a series of workshops and seminars on topical IP issues at European level, which are often organized in cooperation with European partners.
Moreover, GRUR has strengthened its international profile in the field of publications over the last years: In 2012, GRUR and Oxford University Press (OUP) entered a partnership based on an exchange of content between their respective journals GRUR Int. and the Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice (JIPLP), a publication of OUP. Since 2013, both journals have included a section in each issue filled by important judgments, outstanding articles and current intelligence, allowing readers of both journals to get access to additional material of practical relevance and international interest. And of course, the GRUR Newsletter also features English-language contributions.
International activities of GRUR:
- Observer at WIPO since 2005; signature of a WIPO-GRUR Memorandum of Understanding in 2014
- Participation in hearings and submission of position at EU level and international level
- Observer at EUIPO since 2006, member of the German Day in Alicante (since 2005) and of the EUIPO Users´Group (since 2006)
- Participation in several projects of the EUIPO Cooperation Fund and Convergence Programme (since 2011)
- Temporary/rotational seat at the EUIPO Administrative Board and Budget Committee (since 2013)
- Participation in meetings of the EUIPO Academy (since 2014)
- Organizer of the „GRUR meets Brussels“-Workshop series (since 2005)
- Organizer of the „GRUR European Round Table“
- Co-operation with European sister organizations and other partners through joint meetings, events and mutual exposure agreements
- Publication partnership between GRUR Int. and the Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice (JIPLP) since 2013; project-based media cooperation with IP publications such as WIPR and Managing IP
|Date (from)||Subject:||City||Created by/on|
|Date of message||Text of Message||Category|